Zachary Copp, Esq.
Founder of the Copp Law Firm, PC
Zachary "Zac" Copp is an accomplished attorney with 20 years of experience. In 2008, he started the Copp Law Firm. Having experienced the joy of business ownership, he now enjoys helping entrepreneurs and real estate investors choose and create business entities. Since 2015, Mr. Copp has formed more than 3,000 Texas LLCs.
Mr. Copp was recognized as a Rising Star by SuperLawyers® for seven consecutive years-an honor that only 2.5% of Texas attorneys receive each year. He is a member of the Texas Bar Association, Dallas Bar Association, Texas Young Lawyers Association, and the Supreme Court of Texas. Mr. Copp holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from the University of Texas at Austin and a Juris Doctorate (JD) degree from South Texas College of Law.
Before launching the Copp Law Firm, Mr. Copp worked for a multi-state foreclosure law firm, where he served as Lead Texas Attorney and completed thousands of foreclosures on behalf of national banks and lending institutions.
When he isn’t practicing law, Mr. Copp enjoys watching Texas Longhorns games, playing golf, and spending time with his wife, two daughters, and their dog, Hershey.
- Texas Bar Association (Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section & Business Law Section)
- Dallas Bar Association (Real Property Law Section; Probate, Trusts & Estates Section; 2008 Secretary of the Franchise and Distribution Law Section)
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Supreme Court of Texas
- “Home Equity Foreclosures in Texas” 3rd Annual Servicing Conference, Texas Mortgage Bankers Association (March 2007)
- Formed over 3,000 Texas LLCs since 2015.
- Represented the seller in a $20MM sale of two aircraft (Boeing 757 and 737).
- Represented the seller/franchisee in a $.25MM asset sale.
- Represented the buyer in the acquisition of millions worth of Volatile Organic Compound Emissions Reduction Credits.
- Represented a lender in the sale of a $2MM secured promissory note.
- Represented the buyer of a majority interest in an elevator inspection business.
- Represented the buyer of an existing BBQ franchise.
- Represented a lender in the foreclosure of a block of 14 condominiums.
- Represented a judgment creditor in the collection of a $500M judgment.
- Represented a buyer of a $1.1MM residential condominium.
- Represented a multinational corporation in the sublease of its Dallas manufacturing facility.
- Represented an ice cream franchisee in the purchase of an existing business.
- Represented the tenant in a 25,000sf office lease.
- Represented the purchaser of an existing sandwich franchise.
- Represented the purchaser in the acquisition of a multi-million dollar country club and golf course.
- Represented a glass company in a $3MM owner-financed asset sale.
- Represented the buyer of a $.5MM commercial building.
- Represented the majority shareholder of an apartment newsletter company in a multimillion stock sale.
- Represented numerous restaurant owners in the sale of their businesses.
- Represented a publicly traded lending institution in the recovery of its unsecured debt.
- Represented a franchisee whose franchise agreement and business lease were wrongfully terminated in violation of the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act.
- Represented the large landowner in a Hay Lease to keep an agriculture exemption.
- Represented a multi-unit franchisee in the sale of 50 restaurants across the country.
- Represented publicly traded lending institutions in the foreclosure of thousands of residential liens.
- Represented a maturing technology firm on a private preferred stock placement.
- Represented the buyer of a real estate brokerage and apartment locating business.
- Represented the buyer of an insurance company.
- Represented hundreds of entrepreneurs, small businesses and individuals with the formation of their Texas entity.
- Represented multiple subcontractors in successful payment bond claims against bond company.